Bart's prioritize placing buildings and using logistics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sasuga
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bart's prioritize placing buildings and using logistics

Post by Sasuga »

Bots should replace a building before dumping it into a logistic box, and should use the nearest logistics' box they can before placing in the players inventory.

I find it very annoying that I have build orders in place and the box will deconstruct something that uses the same buildings and fly off across the map to place those items into the logistics Network before taking those items back out flying all the way across the map and then building those build orders.

I find it even more annoying when the box fill my character's inventory and then hover around my character waiting for me to empty my inventory, which is made extra difficult by the bots continuously adding more items, so that I have to place a logistics box and dumped my inventory continuously.

Now I understand, if I am using personal robo ports that the bots may only have my inventory available to them, and if that's the case then so be it. However, when I am within range of items needing to be built, and/or and logistics Network, I feel the bots should prioritize building first, nearest logistics box second, and players inventory third.

Thank you.

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bart's prioritize placing buildings and using logistics

Post by Nidan »

I agree that construction bots should prioritize blueprints over storage when deconstructing something.

For your other issue
I find it even more annoying when the box fill my character's inventory and then hover around my character waiting for me to empty my inventory, […]
Construction bots from a logistics network will never dump their items on you; that's your own personal construction bots helping out. You can disable your personal construction bots with one of the buttons directly right of the hotbar.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It's not the bot that chooses what job to do, it's the job that chooses a bot to do it.
Soruce : viewtopic.php?p=287141#p287141
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Nidan wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 pm
I agree that construction bots should prioritize blueprints over storage when deconstructing something.
The logistics network doesn't have the thing until the bot delivers it. It can't use it, because as far as it knows, the thing doesn't exist.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”