Auto-activate dependency mods

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Aervanath
Inserter
Inserter

Auto-activate dependency mods

Post by Aervanath »

If a mod has dependencies, I would like them to automatically be activated when I activate the mod itself.

For example, the Sea Block Pack mod has about 20 dependencies, which means I then spend time find each dependency and activating it.
If the dependencies themselves also have dependencies, it is quite tedious to activate all of this.

A related suggestion would be auto-installing AND auto-activating the dependencies if they are not yet installed.

(If this is already a thing, it's not noted anywhere on the mod screen, which should still be done so nobody else spends that time.)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Auto-activate dependency mods

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I think it will auto download dependencies as I’ve ended up with a few mods in my list that I don’t remember downloading and, upon further investigating, found them to be required dependencies of some of the other mods I’m using. Course, I could’ve just downloaded them a long time ago and simply don’t remember....

That said, I did want to add support for this with a clarification... I’d be in support of this for required dependencies only, not optional.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”