Unpowered Electric network with different color

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Unpowered Electric network with different color

Post by JaJe »

TL;DR
Unpowered electric network to have a different color rather than having the same color all network
What ?
If I cut off the power as the image below, the electric network is shown blue, it would be more useful if the color of the unpowered network would be different to spot easy your network problem.

Why ?
If you get attacked by a swam of bitters and destroy an electric pole, viewing the electric network map you can easy spot where you need to fix the issue and by this you can also see your weakness to prevent a power outage in future.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unpowered Electric network with different color

Post by Koub »

This would indeed be very useful.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Roxor128
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Roxor128 »

One other point: As visible as making the network flash would be, DO NOT make it the only option! It would be extremely distracting when peering at the map and trying to find something else, and annoying if the part that's unpowered is due to the power switch being turned off.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

I'd say the perfect way would not to color the unpowered networks, but have a toggle for robot networks and electricity networks to have different colors as rail blocks do, when placing signals. That way you can see the "disconnected", AND unpowered at the same time. See a block which shouldn't be a block - its disconnected, and you should do something. Sounds like a nice QoL change to me.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

One more thing: electric networks, that disconnected by switch, could be displayed in the third color because it's not a failure.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”