Suggestion - Combined Multi Assemblers

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Suggestion - Combined Multi Assemblers

Post by SkiCarver »

mrvn wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm
SkiCarver wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:41 pm
eradicator wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm
@Deadlock: Mod portal search for "children" has only one result.

@SkiCarver: And how would you explain the "9"? Factorio - unlike many other games - largely avoids artificial limitations. There's no housing limit, or population limit, or whatever. "It's nine because i said it's nine." wouldn't work in a factorio context.
You mean artificial limits like 15 items/s on a belt, a chest with 48 storage slots, robotports with a stack size of 10, machine speed of 1.25, robotport loggistic range of x squares ......... .... yep, no artificial limitations...
and btw, the 9 simply came from the proposal that the multi-assemblers have three stages, and it seemed like 3 stages and three production slots per stage worked well. You are correct that it does not have to be 9, but it is my proposal and that what I set it at.
That's all soft limits. You can change them in a mod.
Indeed, and the complaint was that what I had suggested was completely arbitrary, I was simply pointing out that there are many arbitrary limits in the game ... he seems to have got a bit of a sad on though. ho hum.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Suggestion - Combined Multi Assemblers

Post by eradicator »

SkiCarver wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm
he seems to have got a bit of a sad on though. ho hum.
Right..., or maybe you didn't understand what i meant to say. w/e.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”