The switch to the train.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jenn_1982
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

The switch to the train.

Post by jenn_1982 »

TL;DR
Add "ignore non-working station"switch to train.
What ?
Add "ignore non-working station"switch to train. This will make it possible to choose the reaction of the train to non-active stations. The train will wait for the next station to work or not to wait and move to the next active station. Sorry for my bad English. I used an online translator. I hope you understand my idea. Thanks in advance.
Why ?
In the game I do the delivery of items from the warehouse to the Assembly plants. And sometimes if the warehouse does not have the required number of items, the warehouse station is turned off. When the train leaves for the next collection of necessary items, it ignores the inactive station. Because of this, he does not come to the production station with all the items.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: The switch to the train.

Post by Tekky »

I think that what you propose is not flexible enough. In my opinion, the following thread offers a more flexible solution to your problem:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64362 Dynamic train schedule

Also, this suggestion is interesting:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49214 Train Entry-Condition

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

I too have encountered the issue of a train sent for materials, skipping a pickup, and delivering nothing, as well as the lesser issue of a train full of materials, skipping a drop off, and returning to pick up more when it is already full.

While there are many great ideas like the ones that Tekky linked for adding useful capabilities to the train system, I like this idea because it is relatively simple: one new option and one new condition, either to follow the current behavior and ignore the next station if it is disabled, or to stop and wait for the station to become available.

Thank you jenn_1982 for letting us know that English is not your native language. I commend your courage for making a post in English, and yes it is quite understandable. Cheers!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Theikkru
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Theikkru »

I may be missing something here, but if you want a train to wait instead of skipping a stop, what's wrong with just not turning off the stop?

jenn_1982
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jenn_1982 »

Theikkru wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:17 pm
I may be missing something here, but if you want a train to wait instead of skipping a stop, what's wrong with just not turning off the stop?
For example: There are 5 stations. The extraction of resources 1, 2, 3. refueling the locomotive. warehouse. The warehouse is full. If it does not turn off all the trains will arrive at it. And if the warehouse is shut down, the trains will ignore it and go to the refueling the locomotive station. And so will go in a circle to spend fuel. If you make a switch, the trains will wait at the extraction of resources stations when the warehouse turns on, after going to the refueling the locomotive station and again on extraction of resources. Извиняюсь за плохой английский =)

Theikkru
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Theikkru »

That sounds like a job for a railway control circuit system. If you let the warehouse broadcast its state to the rail network, then the resource stations can hold the trains using a circuit condition until the warehouse is not full.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”