Bring back toggle ghost rail mode.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Linosaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Linosaurus »

TL;DR
What ?
I like to enter rail ghost mode, move my cursor around until I have likely looking path, then just look at it for a few seconds while making up my mind. Having to hold shift feels much worse.

New 0.17 rail behavior for normal-clicking the green rail laying arrow is great, but I want the old (toggle) behavior for shift-clicking the green arrow.
Why ?
  • Having to hold down shift makes the visual planning process much less relaxing.
  • R to rotate clockwise currently doesn't work. I can only rotate counter clockwise with shift+R.
  • Will not inconvenience players who only use the new behavior.
  • (Object avoidance mode was a 'wow this is really impressive' thing, even if not super useful.)
I saw this topic with the same suggestion, but their primary reason is avoidance mode: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69448&p=424682

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bring back toggle ghost rail mode.

Post by IronCartographer »

I agree with your post as well as those who miss the tree-avoidance (and especially cliff-avoidance).
Linosaurus wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 am
R to rotate clockwise currently doesn't work. I can only rotate counter clockwise with shift+R.
This can actually be addressed by changing the [counter-]rotate hotkey! Awkward, but, well... it's there if you want a workaround. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”