trash bins

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chives1926
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

trash bins

Post by chives1926 »

i have it you have it inventory clutter maybe like a burner that produces something else like sludge that can be mad in to like plastic or something just to get rid of the extra things in your inventory

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: trash bins

Post by User_Name »

Place trash in the wooden chest and shoot it
Attach your blueprints to forum posts with Foreman or Blueprint string.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

That's a bad solution. It's only viable because it's the only real solution in the moment.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

chives1926
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chives1926 »

i want something that make like energy or metal or something from the waste i would find it cool like something thats not to over powered or something like that just something to make like useable material from the junk that clutters your inventory

BluetoothThePirate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BluetoothThePirate »

Some kind of recycling could be a useful addition to the game. Each item in the game could have a recycle value of X iron scrap, Y copper scrap, Z stone scrap and W organic scrap, a dedicated grinder machine could be used to convert items to scrap, and then there could be formulas for converting scrap to new raw materials. Say ten metal scrap in a furnace makes an ore (which you then smelt to make new metal), ten stone scrap makes a new piece of raw stone, and organic scrap is a low-grade fuel source you can use to run furnaces or boilers.

The idea would be to make scrap yields very high so that even really cheap objects can make at least one, and that if you don't reuse it right away storing it would be a pain. You could even have destroyed objects in the field drop scrap on the ground, so it has to be cleared before you can replace the building, but have construction robots clear it automatically.

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

It's one of the most common suggestions, so I hope we'll get it someday. Along with that, I think it'd be cool if some recipes produced waste products that have to be disposed of, too.

rickyhobby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rickyhobby »

Yes, someway of dumping items would be nice. (other than putting them in a box and shooting them). Wether it be a item or trashcan item on the gui.

Rick

spazza360
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by spazza360 »

This would make a great mod, I may consider trying to make it if noone else does so before me.

I was thinking that items can be fed through a recycler and produce scrap, which when put into another machine, has a perhaps 20% chance of producing a random ore.
The machine shouldn't be very efficient but perhaps have an upgraded version (more research!) which provides a higher chance of getting something back.

chives1926
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chives1926 »

YES thats an awesome idea and you can melt it down in to something more use full? like you would need a lot of scrap (when you research it it will be less) like maybe 100 scrap to be 1 metal or something cause i have so much junk i collect

glutamate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by glutamate »

An incinerator would be pretty cool. Takes whatever you put into it and burns it. Generates heat which can be used for water in steam engines. It would be a super-polluting alternative to the boiler.

I would think 2x2 with a pipe running through it for water, like a big boiler.

I would think also that you'd have to run a "crusher" or to turn things into scrap before they get incinerated, that way you could set up a supply line taking the scrap far away to be burned, and all the scrap can be mixed together for logistics purposes.

+1 on the idea of some processes generating waste products too.

YasP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by YasP »

chives1926 wrote:YES thats an awesome idea and you can melt it down in to something more use full? like you would need a lot of scrap (when you research it it will be less) like maybe 100 scrap to be 1 metal or something cause i have so much junk i collect
I much rather have a science labs that take in the different science packs and gives you the choice (research & modules) of incinerating the waste or haul it away for sorted and full recycling, at the expense of energy/speed.

chives1926
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chives1926 »

Well the recycleing sounds fun. I love when things are large and complicated and a pain to set up :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”