Blueprints should remember all types of things and which are enabled

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Blueprints should remember all types of things and which are enabled

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
One should be able to turn on/off e.g. train station names or tiles in a blueprint without loosing that information.
What ?
When creating a blueprint one can include entities, tiles, train station names, trains. When editing a blueprint anything included can be disabled. But when one closes the blueprint that information is irretrievably lost. Instead the blueprint should retain all the data and just remember what was enabled or disabled.
Why ?
I now tend to always include tiles and station names in my blueprints so they can be placed on water and have nice rich text names. But sometimes I don't want to include tiles or station names when pasting the blueprint. This is especially true when I changed something in a blueprint and now want to paste it over all the instances where I used it without loosing any alterations (like renaming the stations). But if I disable station names in the blueprint I loose them for good and not just this time.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprints should remember all types of things and which are enabled

Post by Qon »

I kind of agree. But I also don't want 10 MiB of tile data in blueprints when I create them without tiles. So if I disable something when the blueprint is first created I expect that information to be purged.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprints should remember all types of things and which are enabled

Post by mrvn »

Qon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:29 pm
I kind of agree. But I also don't want 10 MiB of tile data in blueprints when I create them without tiles. So if I disable something when the blueprint is first created I expect that information to be purged.
Yep, my thought too. I just don't want to loose stuff when editing later.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”