We need a second target.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

KBlomquist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

We need a second target.

Post by KBlomquist »

No game in a very long time has fascinated me like Factorio. After more than 500 hours playing time I miss only one thing: A second, big goal after the rocket launch.
I know, many players set abstract targets, like 1000 packs per minute, but this is a bit arbitrary in my opinion.
Wouldn't it be possible, especially with regard to the final version, to integrate a second goal into the game, which is much harder to achieve, but also adds something visually or continues the story? For example, to build a space capsule with which one can fly into space as a character ? There would be many ways to keep the game motivation high after the first launch of the rocket.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: We need a second target.

Post by ssilk »

I think you should use some time to look into mods. There are currently coming some new mods, which introduce such targets.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

You should checkout Space Expanded, (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/LordKTor/SpaceMod) or try launching a rocket with Angels + Bobs, or even play Seablock (which is a modified Angels + Bobs + Space Expanded).

Also might be worth looking into Space Exploration (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-exploration).

KBlomquist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KBlomquist »

Yes, I will definitely do this. But my suggestion is more aimed in regard to the normal player when the game goes on sale in the final version. I think there is a motivational hole after the first rocket that only hard core gamers can fill out. And the game is definetly to good to be put aside after this point !

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”