Change Deconstruction planners "Trees/rocks only"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CERN_Fan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Change Deconstruction planners "Trees/rocks only"

Post by CERN_Fan »

The behavior of the "Trees/rocks only" option in the Deconstruction planner confused me when I used it for the first time because I had it set to blacklist when activating that option. I thought that it would overwrite the whitelist/blacklist behavior entirely and not only deactivate the custom filters. Turns out I was wrong and my robots started deconstructing my recently laid train tracks instead of the rubbled around them. My current understanding is that the "Trees/rocks only" option sets the filters to everything from the environment tab (except cliffs and fish). My suggestion is to change that option to "Include all trees/Rocks" or something like that and allow us to combine it with custom filters.

speeder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Change Deconstruction planners "Trees/rocks only"

Post by speeder »

Hello, we still need this, also found this suggestion in a lot of other threads, including some unrelated ones, for example on thread there was lots of discussion about this subject, but was merged with a lot of other threads then "closed" because the "construction planner is now improved', except this particular feature still doesn't exist.

The biggest problem for me, is that I want to deconstruct a lot of objects (not all objects), and want to leave trees and rock alone. But the only way to do that is blacklist all objects I don't want to deconstruct PLUS blacklist all trees and rocks, with Alien Biomes installed the list is just stupid huge, doesn't fit the UI!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You know you can make your own deconstruction planner if you add for the filter the rocks and all types of trees. Stupid, but a good workaround.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

ssilk wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:06 am
You know you can make your own deconstruction planner if you add for the filter the rocks and all types of trees. Stupid, but a good workaround.
IMHO this barely qualifies as a workaround in the base game, and as speeder mentions, mods can make it ridiculous.

Another workaround is to cancel deconstruction of trees/rocks using another deconstruction planner, though this is not without problems either.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”