[Production Graph] Highlight items when consumpion > production

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Production Graph] Highlight items when consumpion > production

Post by doktorstick »

TL;DR
In the production graph, highlight the background of the items RED if the consumption is greater than the production.
What ?
There's not a whole lot more "what" than that. The important aspect is the "why".
Why ?
The main reason--besides idle curiosity--I look at the production graph is to make sure that I have enough production for my goods. The process is a bit tedious if I want a general picture. I first need to select a stable timescale (usually 1m or 10m) and then pause the game. From there, I have to eye-scan back-and-forth for each item, checking for each if consumption > production.

If I have a production chain or one or two items, it's a little simpler--select a stable view and then select the items, thereby focusing them. The same comparison is then done.

With the RED background highlight for goods that have more consumption than production, all this goes away. I pop open the production tab, very quickly observe if there's a RED color or not. If there's not, I'm done--it took all of 1-2 seconds to check production v. consumption. If I see a RED color, I then know specifically what to drill into--select a stable view and scan the two (or more) RED items to see how bad it is.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Production Graph] Highlight items when consumpion > production

Post by Koub »

Not the same suggestion, but the same why :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58578
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”