A way to filter pipes without needing to attach inputs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

A way to filter pipes without needing to attach inputs

Post by sparr »

I have a train station that unloads multiple fluids from fluid wagons, with 12 pumps for 12 fluids. To make this work I either have to prime the pump output with actual fluids and make sure they never run dry, or I have to make sure all of the relevant assembler/chemplant inputs are connected to every pipe network before the first train visits. I can do either of those before/without circuits.

I would love to be able to just set a filter on a pump or pipe or tank directly.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: A way to filter pipes without needing to attach inputs

Post by Koub »

Wouldn't you achieve the same goal with one station per fluid ? I guess all the fluids you unload don't go in the same parts of your factory.

I'm not saying your suggestion should not be added to the game, but if I was to make an analogy, you're complaining you can't drive nails efficiently with a screwdriver, and suggest to add a hammerhead on the aforementionned screwdriver to make it better at driving nails.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

We don't always have room for more stations.

AsherMaximum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AsherMaximum »

To make this work I either have to prime the pump output with actual fluids and make sure they never run dry
Unless each train has more than one fluid wagon, you should be able to do this by reading the train contents and only activating the pump that is designated for that fluid. No priming necessary.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

The trains in question usually have more than one fluid wagon, carrying more than one fluid.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”