Trees and Pollution

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Trees and Pollution

Post by Maddhawk »

I get it, pollution is the mechanic that encourages Biters to attack, thus providing us with a source of constant production pressure. I get it, some measure of realism is desired by the developers and some players like that. I get it, trees can be harmed by pollution, especially the acidic rains that can occur from pollution in the atmosphere and thus harming trees. I get it, trees are also used as a mechanism for absorbing pollution.

That said, I like my trees. I like seeing them. Sure they can be a pain in the butt to build around at times, but in the long haul I want trees around my factory because they make it look better and cooler.

My request is simple. Either a toggle in map generation options to disable tree damage from pollution entirely, or the ability for a mod maker to create a mod that accomplishes the same thing.

Theikkru
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Trees and Pollution

Post by Theikkru »

This is more of a tangent than an answer to your suggestion, but you could make yourself a challenge out of keeping greenery in your base, since trees won't lose their leaves if pollution stays below a certain concentration (according to the wiki). I've discovered that with base design, copious application of efficiency modules, and farming of biter nests as pollution sinks, pollution can be kept surprisingly low.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”