Allow right-clicking on Upgrade/Deconstruction Planner for instant customization

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ohmyfactorio
Inserter
Inserter

Allow right-clicking on Upgrade/Deconstruction Planner for instant customization

Post by ohmyfactorio »

Right now, when I want to create a deconstruction planner that only removes electric poles, I have to:

1. Left click on deconstruction planner (or Alt-D)
2. Open my inventory
3. Place the deconstruction planner in my inventory
4. Right-click on the newly placed deconstruction planner
5. Finally, edit the filters.

I want to go to access step 5 as quickly as possible by right clicking the deconstruction/upgrade planner in my toolbar instead of having to go through steps 1-3 first.

The same idea goes for the upgrade planner.

Thanks, developers!

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Allow right-clicking on Upgrade/Deconstruction Planner for instant customization

Post by Maddhawk »

A thread addressing my topic, excellent.

Indeed, as it stand I save a copy of the Deconstruction Planner to my inventory permanently and ignore the shortcut on the Menu Bar entirely. The lack of ability to set filters on the Deconstruction Planner in the Menu Bar means that it is useless and just gets turned off with each new game. I have never used the Upgrade Planner as I never used that mod, when it was a mod. So I can't speak to that.

Right now, the new Menu Bar's default features are pretty disappointing in action. The only default features that are nice is the Undo Button and the toggles for Exoskeleton's and Personal Roboport.

Chao
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Allow right-clicking on Upgrade/Deconstruction Planner for instant customization

Post by Chao »

I came here to post the same suggestion myself. The current situation is maddening!

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

this came up already like 100 times (also from me)

Seems like they dont want to change that (??)

I dont know why. It seems so obv. :roll:

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

Just wanted to +1 this.

Would be great if right-click support were added for modded shortcuts as well.

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

Yes this would be a very nice usability improvement. Especially having it accessible to modders, as Iron says.

I can see a lot of mods adding right-click on their icon as a quick way to open an in-game settings window, for example.

And in vanilla it'd make immediate sense at least for the Deconstruction and Upgrade planners - to open their filter UI, perhaps after automatically putting the planner in the inventory. Though it could also just remain in the hand, and then right-clicking on the shortcut bar icon would be equivalent to the user getting the planner in the hand, clicking it onto the quickbar, then right-clicking on it there to get an edited planner that's only in their hand.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

nuhll wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:50 am
Seems like they dont want to change that (??)
i think they wanna squash 0.17 bugs before adding new features (which by my opinion is way better appropach that other way around)

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

WTF!

Thats no feature, that a BUG FIX. It should have been like this in THE FIRST place :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”