Avoid accidental belt direction modification during fast replacements

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Arzorth
Inserter
Inserter

Avoid accidental belt direction modification during fast replacements

Post by Arzorth »

TL;DR
Reduce the posibilities of messing up when replacing belts in your main bus.
What ?
I propose to manage belts with different orientations as underground belts and splitters: if the first right click is an empty tile or a tile with an aligned belt, the game will prevent you from substituting stuff; if your first click is over a balancer, a splitter or a belt with different direction, game will allow you to substitute all stuff.

This can be improved by avoiding placing belts in empty tiles if output belt* is not aligned with the belt you are placing.

*output belt: the one that will take the items from the belt you are placing, i.e.: belt to which current belt is pointing.

(picture incoming)
Why ?
Since 0.17 if you are upgrading your main bus (or any belt line) the game will prevent you from accidentally removing underground belts and splitters but it does not prevent you from changing belts direction.

If you have a (lets say) 4x4 balancer in your bus, you will break it if you are not careful enough. Same happens if you have a perpendicular belt passing over an underground belt.

(more pictures incoming)

I hope you all consider this a good idea, I think it will simplify things in early game, before robots take over.

Arzorth

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”