Symbol for Deconstruction Planner "Items On Ground"

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Poliochi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Symbol for Deconstruction Planner "Items On Ground"

Post by Poliochi »

TL;DR
There should be a specific symbol for the Deconstruction Planner item "Items On Ground" that appears in the Decon Planner, for easy identification in the toolbelt.
What ?
Can you tell which of the Deconstruction Planners is set to tell bots to pick up items on the ground? I certainly can't.
Can you tell which of the Deconstruction Planners is set to tell bots to pick up items on the ground? I certainly can't.
factorio_toolbarDeconplanners.PNG (95.57 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Honestly, I don't have any terrific ideas for what the icon should be. Maybe a bot in flight or taking off, possibly holding something random (like an iron plate).
Why ?
So I can remember which deconstruction planner is the one I want to use, at a glance!
There may also be merit in defining icons for another two of the four 'red X' filter options.
"Entity Ghost," "Item On Ground," Item request slot," and "Tile ghost."
"Entity Ghost," "Item On Ground," Item request slot," and "Tile ghost."
factorio_RedXFilters.PNG (231.65 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
"Entity ghost" and "Tile ghost" should probably also have icons if "Item On Ground" gets one. I can imagine those being some variety of little spoopy sheet ghosts. "Item request slot" doesn't need an icon, and (unless I'm missing something) should be removed from the list of filter options.
Muy spoopy. Source: https://icons8.com/icon/1648/ghost
Muy spoopy. Source: https://icons8.com/icon/1648/ghost
factorio_icons8-ghost-52.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
This might become less of a problem once I upgrade to 0.17, because (IIRC) using the toolbelt to reserve a deconstruction template will reserve the specific one to that slot forever (as opposed to before, where they're easily switched by accident). However, I still this this proposal has merit because I forget things way more important than which deconstruction planner is which all the time.

luziferius
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Symbol for Deconstruction Planner "Items On Ground"

Post by luziferius »

Poliochi wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:43 pm
"Item request slot" doesn't need an icon, and (unless I'm missing something) should be removed from the list of filter options.
I think this filter can be used to mass-remove modules or module requests (created when modules are included in blueprints) from buildings.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

I would suggest (an up arrow with a line under it), to represent "picking something up".

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

Perhaps a vacuum cleaner?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

This should be moved to "implemented".