Change train station already added to schedule

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Glacture
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Change train station already added to schedule

Post by Glacture »

TL;DR
When copying train schedules from one train to another, I'd like to be able to change one of the stations in the schedule without needing to delete a station (and it's associated logic) and having to re-add it.

What ?
While setting up multiple trains and train stations, I often like to use similar logic between them, which makes the ability to copy and paste train schedules very appealing. The problem is that I can not change a train station that is in a schedule without deleting the station, which deletes it's logic as well.
An example of a train schedule to be copied
An example of a train schedule to be copied
2019-03-23 10.39.36 factorio.png (33.66 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Taking this example, I'd like to copy this schedule from my copper ore train to my iron ore train. To do this though is mostly pointless because I have to change both stations, which requires me to delete the entire station rather than just being able to change the station in place.

My ideal situation would be a method to click the station name (perhaps a ctrl/alt/shift + click) and get the same dropdown list you get when clicking the "+ Add station" button, to allow you to change the station in the schedule list.
Why ?
This would allow for me to use my default/preferred logic on all my trains with small changes rather then completely rebuilding the schedule for each train.

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Change train station already added to schedule

Post by Darinth »

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought it was possible in 0.16 to change the station in a schedule. Is this functionality that was lost in 0.17 with the new GUI or am I just insane?

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by knightelite »

Darinth wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:24 pm
Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought it was possible in 0.16 to change the station in a schedule. Is this functionality that was lost in 0.17 with the new GUI or am I just insane?
You can add a new station, delete an old one and rearrange the ordering (which you could do in 0.16 as well), but what he wants (and I agree would be nice) would be the ability to copy paste a train schedule and just change the name of one station in the schedule but leave the conditions intact.

So then if you had some complicated schedule as shown in OP, you only make it once for iron trains, then maybe you copy/paste it to your copper trains and just change the station name to "copper" instead of "iron", rather than deleting the schedule and adding a new one where you have to remake all 6 conditions or whatever that you have specified.

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheEnemy42 »

I support this fully. I love the new train GUI and the only thing so far I've met is that I really miss is being able to replace a train station with another in the schedule, keeping the conditions for the stop. This QoL would remove spending time on redoing the same stuff over and over.
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I'm also missing moving and copying conditions between stations.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

reduke
Inserter
Inserter

Post by reduke »

100% support this, would make life so much easier!

Krusnik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Krusnik »

Honestly surprised this isn't already a function!
+1

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

+1 to this. The few times I had to do it, it was rather annoying to have to re-enter everything manually when it should be possible to simply rename the train station.

AlveKatt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlveKatt »

I too think it's weird that this isn't possible.

Factorio is an early access game though, I fully expect the ability to change a station without loosing the settings to be a planned feature. Anything else doesn't really make sense.

OldVamp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OldVamp »

Bump for further consideration
Copy/Paste train settings, just change the stations.
train schedule upgrade.png
train schedule upgrade.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 809 times
\|/;';\|/
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”