Advanced robots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Advanced robots

Post by mudcrabempire »

A few ideas on what one could do in the direction of advanced robots:

-Blueprint handling: Being unable to drop blueprints outside of "direct vision area" is kind of a pain, especially for larger blueprints. At the least, when dropping a blueprint, the full blueprint should get printed, instead of "cutting off" the parts which are not in the direct vision area.

-Roboports: Roboports can "request" a certain number of robots of each kind to be stationed in them. Robots in the respective network or in the player's inventory will move to underpopulated roboports automatically. The player can "request" robots via the character logistic slots.

-Roboport blueprints: The amount of repair packs, fuel and robots to be stationed in a roboport can be part of it's blueprint settings.

-Regarding combat robot capsules: Replace the one-use time-limited capsules with full-grown combat robots. Combat robots need to be deployed through a (personal) roboport and require ammo/charging. Combat robots flee to their motherport when their health falls below a certain threshold and repair themselves slowly while in a roboport. Will require adjustment of prices/stats/behavior/related technologies.

Personal roboport: Add option to disable the deployment of construction robots from the personal roboport, so they won't rush into certain death.

-Recon drone: "Drone" seems more appropriate than "robot". Basically a fuel-powered little plane-thing that can be used for somewhat automated exploration. After putting it into a roboport and giving it fuel (need fuel slot for roboport), you can mark a rectangle on your map and the drone will go and explore it. Does not attract biter aggro and only makes a scan once. Also smart enough to fly back in time before it runs out of fuel and will not attempt to explore fields it cannot reach.

-Robot carriers: Like Recon drones, bigger, fuel-powered robots. These can be used to connect robotic networks over long distances, eliminating the need to "bee-line" roboports. May also go to the rescue of robots which have run out of energy.

-Combat robot carriers: The offspring of a recon drone and a robot carrier. You can mark a rectangle on your map and combat robot carriers will load up with combat robots and explore that area, eliminating any enemy they encounter.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Advanced robots

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi!
mudcrabempire wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:58 pm

-Roboports: Roboports can "request" a certain number of robots of each kind to be stationed in them. Robots in the respective network or in the player's inventory will move to underpopulated roboports automatically. The player can "request" robots via the character logistic slots.

Personal roboport: Add option to disable the deployment of construction robots from the personal roboport, so they won't rush into certain death.
I made a post a full development of the idea of a roboport acting like "provider/requester chest", i'll be happy if you let you opinion about that idea here i guess

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650

for the other idea, it's already implemented, you can turn off your personnal roboport.

about the rest, i personnally dont feel the need compare to the problem i got in my post.

Thank you to confirm that im not the only one to think somethink is missing about those roboport. i hope it will be add soon
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”