Select multiple mods in mod browser

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Select multiple mods in mod browser

Post by Avacado »

TL;DR
Allow us to select multiple mods in the mod browser. Also allow arrow keys to move between mods.

What ?
Allow us to select multiple mods in the mod browser using standard shift-click (selecting consecutive mods) and ctrl-click (selecting specific mods) in both the manager and installer screens. This would potentially blank the detail page, but allow for enabling, disabling, installing, or deleting a number of different mods at once.

The up/down arrow keys work on the installer tab, but don't work on the manager tab and should let you move up and down between the mods.
Why ?
This would greatly speed up how long it takes to change multiple mods, which currently I've found to be a kind of slow process. If you want to delet all bob's mods, even though they're all next to each other, it takes a lot of clicks which is a lot more clicks than it otherwise could if you could just click the top one, shift-click the bottom one, and then hit delete.

Right now we only have the ability to quickly select all the mods or none of the mods.

I've had a number of situations where I've wanted to change 10+ mods to either play a less modded or more modded version and it is tedious to select each mod one at a time. I actually tried shift-click and ctrl-click hoping it would work, but it didn't do anything. Even just allowing the arrow keep would allow you to more quickly delete a series of mods for example, by arrow down then delete, then arrow down, etc.
Last edited by Avacado on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Select multiple mods in mod browser

Post by Koub »

I just upgraded from 0.16 to 0.17 my Steam install, and had the exact same thought while deleting one by one the 10s mods I had installed at one moment or another.
Definitely need a "Select All", "Multiple selection" (Ctrl-Click), Stretch selection (Shift-click) style selections
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Select multiple mods in mod browser

Post by Avacado »

Reformatted my suggestion to the template... been a while since I made one and I forgot about the standard format.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”