[0.17] add tutorial items in the quickbar

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

aeshar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17] add tutorial items in the quickbar

Post by aeshar »

TL;DR
In tutorial, fill the toolbar with available items.
What ?
When playing tutorials (for example the train tutorial), the items are not displayed in the toolbar. You have to manually open your inventory to access them. I suggest that all items in the tutorial should be added in the toolbar.
Note: I'm very new to the game, but I think it's due to the changes in 0.17 that items are no longer in the toolbar in the tutorials. I didn't double check but I think that in 0.16 they were there.
Why ?
It would make the experience slightly smoother :)

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17] add tutorial items in the quickbar

Post by Darinth »

The quickbar should act in tutorials exactly as it does in the main game. I'm not saying autofill is a bad idea, there are a lot of people who want it in the main game, but whatever the main game does the tutorials should also do.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by abregado »

perhaps this is a good idea in the mini-tutorials. We will be looking at those soon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Having one of toolbars act as a scratchpad of sorts and having auto add of last used items would be really helpful even outside of tutorials.
It might be an advanced option but not needing to add each and every thing you periodically build to main toolbars would make new design of them much more useful.

aeshar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aeshar »

@orzelek To access recent items, you can technically use the pipette tool (Q on qwerty by default) witch is as convenient.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aeshar wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:46 pm
@orzelek To access recent items, you can technically use the pipette tool (Q on qwerty by default) witch is as convenient.
Pipette is to access items you have placed nearby since you need a built one to grab it.

aeshar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aeshar »

Yes, but there is a high chance that you have some items of the least recently used near your ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”