Production statistics search bar

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

escy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Production statistics search bar

Post by escy »

TL;DR: Add a search bar to the production statistics screen so we can look for specific items easily without scrolling through the list.

As it stands now, if I'm looking for a certain item, especially one that gets produced in lower quantities (say, batteries), I have to scroll down the list and look for the icon. There are enough different items that this can take quite a bit of time. In vanilla it's already difficult, but using the production screen well in a modded game is much worse, as I have to manually search through hundreds of items to find the one I want. A simple search bar would let you quickly look for a specific item, which would be really helpful.

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Production statistics search bar

Post by mward »

I support this idea.

Currently I can search in the Logistics Network screen to see how much science I have in storage, but I cannot search in the Production screen to see how much is being produced.

Everything else has a search button (crafting, logistics, blueprints etc.) so why not production?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

+1

Maric
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maric »

Currently in a Bobs mods game, was just about to request this myself ... It would be extremely appreciated

Chao
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chao »

Mentioned this a couple of days ago on the subreddit too. This would be a really noticeable QOL improvement while being relatively light on dev effort.

alkistnieda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

ability to search within the production statistics + being able to "freeze" what I'm currently seeing

Post by alkistnieda »

When expanding my factory over 1k SPM and often checking the production statistics after building new factories, it sometimes was quite a hassle to find what I'm looking for. Switching to the 1min or 10m setting doesnt do the job, since I want to know what the immediate production rate is. In addition, even within the 10min setting, some items jump around pretty fast.
So what I think could be helpful is a search via Strg+F + a possible option to "freeze" the current statistics.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with similar suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”