Some Feedback on Quickbar, Clipboard and Trains

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

unobtanium
Inserter
Inserter

Some Feedback on Quickbar, Clipboard and Trains

Post by unobtanium »

A few suggestions for the new 0.17 quickbar and copy-paste feature:

Main suggestions:
  • QUICKBAR: This seems to be the only downside of the new quickbar: When crafting an item, it is now directly placed into the inventory instead of the quickbar which requires one to open the inventory each time to pick up the just crafted item. I would like to see a special slot filter where the latest crafted item is placed in. Since it is the latest crafted item, it will swap out as soon as something else is crafted. A dynamic filter basically. That would be neat!
  • QUICKBAR+BLUEPRINTS: When using a blueprint/upgrade planner/deconstruction planner/copy/cut and trying to place it into the quickbar I also have to place it into the inventory. If I then press Q, then the blueprint/planner is deleted. Instead I would like to see it stick around in my quickbar without having to place it into the inventory as well.
  • CLIPBOARD: I found that I wanted to scroll up (instead of down) for the previous blueprint. Not sure if others feel the same, but if thats the case, then switching the default controls for "Next clipboard" and "Previous Clipboard" would make more sense.
  • TRAINS: Copying the train stop to a train, and the train not having any train stops set yet, should add the train stop to the train.

Smaller suggestions:
  • QUICKBAR: a way to clear an entire row of the quickbar/actionbar
  • QUICKBAR: middle-mouse button drag over multiple slots in the quickbar to deselect them (maybe to accomplish the fast clear of an entire row)
  • QUICKBAR: have the "Select Filter" screen always open at a fixed position and not relative to the slot which was clicked
  • QUICKBAR: add an option to have the categories in the "Select Filter" screen all unfolded (no clicking between categories) (this would only work on large enough screens and without mods adding lots of additonal items, therefore optional)
  • Redo (Strg+Y)
  • Be able to undo planned upgrades from the upgrade planner (is there a way to get rid of marked entities to upgrade? the green circles?)
Last edited by unobtanium on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Some Feedback on Quickbar, Clipboard and Trains

Post by steinio »

All points sound good to me but especially this:
unobtanium wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:54 pm
  • QUICKBAR+BLUEPRINTS: When using a blueprint/upgrade planner/deconstruction planner/copy/cut and trying to place it into the quickbar I also have to place it into the inventory. If I then press Q, then the blueprint/planner is deleted. Instead I would like to see it stick around in my quickbar.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”