[0.17] Make Pipette also copy recipe

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Make Pipette also copy recipe

Post by jodokus31 »

hackamod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:03 pm

Please understand this from my perspective.
I make a request that does not alter current gameplay for anyone who chooses to ignore this hotkey, and there is kickback on why it is a bad idea.
Due to (probably my English) there were misunderstandings. This was not a request to alter the way the current pipette works, just add to it, but there was kickback on this because they did not want the current functionality to change. Then there was a misunderstanding about this placing a ghost or the actual item. My intentions are not to alter speed-run efforts or gameplay balance...just fill a gap in the UI. Suggesting a mod to solve any issue in this sub-forum is just a waste of time for people to read it. I would consider that too obvious and if that was what I wanted I would have posted in the mod request forum (or probably just do it myself) but the point of requesting here is to avoid the fact that people must then all download and install the mod just so I can use the UI my way... that is a crazy suggestion.
Did you know, how the pipette feature was added to factorio?
Correct, it started with a mod.

Also, one of the worst thing in a game like factorio is feature bloat.

Honestly, I'm quite pissed. I tried to be polite and constructive and I earn personal attacks? If you can't see that as constructive, it was not the intention. I'm not even against it. But I'm not gonna discuss on this level. The reflection of my character yielded, that I'm out here.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

hackamod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:08 am
the [copy] history is limited, so every addition means another loss.
If you feel like you loose something when using copy, then this is a sign that you should have stored the blueprint into the book.

The copy buffer s just a limited resource.
when I return to the paste history, I now have a piece of junk to scroll past as I work.
Which is also a sign that you are using it wrong, if you use the copy buffer to hold only your good stuff.

Not that I’m against this, just want to clear out that arguments :).

Please be more patiently with the others, if they don’t understand your perfect solution immediately. They are just old man with beards and they stink a little bit. They don’t have any idea of what you already tried to solve this problem differently.

But please keep in mind, that this is just a game. Keep friendly and nice, because we all want the same: the perfect game.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

hackamod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hackamod »

ssilk wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:07 am
If you feel like you loose something when using copy, then this is a sign that you should have stored the blueprint into the book.
No. Actually I am using it as intended. A "just for now" and "do not need tomorrow" and "do not need on next map" and "do not need later in this same map" type tool. However with multiple interruptions and things as is typical for this game..... while doing one quick adjustment, you may be required to go fix something else. Now you have a history containing 2 different quick projects, neither of which is cause for a blueprint, neither deserve the attention it takes to delete a temporary blueprint later. You simply misunderstood my use of it.
ssilk wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:07 am
Which is also a sign that you are using it wrong, if you use the copy buffer to hold only your good stuff.
Again you misunderstand. It is not "the good stuff" I specifically stated, repeatedly, that these items are not wanted as blueprints for later.
This is not a battle of what I want vs what I dont want. This is .......... was, as I said in previous post, ISSUE RESOLVED :D TY again ♥ ........ This was a battle between 2 different, temporary projects competing for the same limited space.
I have enough blueprints thank you very much.

....to clear it up for reals this time.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”