Rotate Active Quickbar Backwards

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

arthropodofdoom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rotate Active Quickbar Backwards

Post by arthropodofdoom »

TL;DR
Add a key binding that defaults to Shift+X to scroll backwards through the active quickbars.
What ?
Presently, the number of active (meaning "viewable", I presume) quickbars can be set at most to 4. This is fine, I haven't yet run into an issue where you would need more than that. However, it follows from other present GUI conventions, notably Windows alt+tab / alt+shift+tab and Chrome and other browser's ctrl+tab / ctrl+shift+tab that shift is a common modifier to reverse scrolling through tabulated selections. This is also noticeable in elements built in to Windows' GUI, where tabbing lets you scroll through selectable items in an interface forwards, and shift+tab lets you scroll backwards.
Why ?
It's a nice, small, QOL improvement that expands the Factorio behavior that attempts to mimic user instinct to more closely resemble already widely-present power user interface conventions.

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Rotate Active Quickbar Backwards

Post by MiniHerc »

+1. I still have the active quickbars at 2 because more would frequently require double/triple-tapping the swap quickbar key to get back to the one I use the most.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”