Wanted: Slower Inserters

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Wanted: Slower Inserters

Post by Peter34 »

I'd really like two more Inserters added to the game, both electrical: Slow Inserter and Very Slow Inserter.

The Slow one should be the same speed as the Burner Inserter, or slightly slower, and the Very Slow one should be half the speed of the Slow one.

Reason: Sometimes I have some thuff on a Belt, or more likely in a Chest, that I'd like to get moved, but much more slowly than is currently possible (and I don't know of any reasonably simple in-game method to cause such a delay).

If adding 2 new slower Inserters is too complicated, then just please add a single new inserter, called Slow Inserter, that is about 60% the speed of the Burner Inserter.

Alternately, add a setting to the regular (electric) Inserter so that it can operate at Full Speed, Half Speed or Quarter Speed. But I actually think it's simpler to just let the player build the Inserters he wants.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wanted: Slower Inserters

Post by Boogieman14 »

Many ways to do what you're looking for with stuff that's already in game (and available fairly early on too). Two I can think of right away:
1. Place a splitter just before the inserter, so only half of what's on the belt gets picked up
2. Place a smart chest and a smart inserter on the output side, connect them up with circuit wire and set production limits
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Or.. y'know, make/request a mod that does that. :P

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Or connect the inserters you want to be slow to a different power network, which always has more demand than supply (say - connect lots of radars)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Peter34 wrote:(and I don't know of any reasonably simple in-game method to cause such a delay)
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4078

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

DaveMcW wrote:
Peter34 wrote:(and I don't know of any reasonably simple in-game method to cause such a delay)
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4078
Sure, but that takes up a lot of space. I already build hugely sprawling factory facilities, and I don't want even more spatial bloat.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

As Fish said, place it as a mod request and you'll prolly get your stuff delivered. Or you can easily mod one in, it's really, really simple to do it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

To be frank I ask me, why someone might need this, because it is definitely a sign of "Dunno how regulation works, so I need that". In other words: this is the task for circuit network. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”