Logistic Cargo

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Incvisitor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logistic Cargo

Post by Incvisitor »

This can be a very useful option for building mines and rails right in the locomotive and using a personal drone station. You can add as many types of cars as chests are used: red, purple, yellow, blue and green. This would greatly simplify life and add grace to the gameplay.

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Logistic Cargo

Post by Darinth »

I believe certain mods can do this. They allow the addition of roboports to vehicles which can the use the contents of those vehicles to build stuff.

saors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saors »

I think you should expand out this description a little more:

What: A cargo train car that has logistic capabilities.

Why: explain why normal logistic chests and inserters aren't adequate enough

also, mentioning any problem you can see with the idea/suggestion and addressing them would help your post as well.

I think it could be a good idea, but I think that this post just needs a little more info.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

If a picture says more than thousand words a mod says a million.
wagon acting as logistic chest: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/logistic-cargo-wagon
equipment grid for wagons: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/VehicleGrid

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

You can already very nearly do this, you just need a little "bootstrap" blueprint to build from your personal roboport.
  • Wagons can be filtered, set filters so each wagon holds the supplies you will want for building.
  • At your main base, load up the wagons. Due to some issues with how inserter stack sizes work, I would advise one per item type (upto 12 per wagon with stack inserters, upto 24 per wagon with long inserters).
  • When you want to build something, place a train stop blueprint that will unload the wagons into provider chests. You can have them even direct insert into a roboport to bootstrap that.
  • When done, you can just flip the inserters to put any spares back in the train.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”