[0.17.1] Non qwerty keyboard layouts are now shited

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

L0laapk3
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.1] Non qwerty keyboard layouts are now shited

Post by L0laapk3 »

When you guys wrote a piece over keyboard input changes I feared the worst.. Now my fears have been confirmed, the change from using scancodes like normal programs to using keycodes has fucked over the default keyboard settings for just about everyone that doesn't use qwerty: wasd is now completely broken by default.

Keycodes are for typing programs where the letter matters more, scancodes are for every other program where position matters more.

Please revert this change and go back to the norm for windows programs so I can take factorio back off the naughty programs list, a list only worthy for terrible programs like arduino ide

Many thanks in advance

An azerty keyboard user.

dwfreed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.0] Non qwerty keyboard layouts are now shited

Post by dwfreed »

I think you misread the FFF-259. They switched to scancodes from keycodes. Using the keys that would be WASD on a QWERTY layout should now be easier on an AZERTY layout. I imagine you had the keymapping changed before so that you were using the WASD equivalent (ZQSD?)? It's plausible the game didn't handle the upgrade from the old settings correctly to convert that to the scancodes for those positions.

L0laapk3
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.0] Non qwerty keyboard layouts are now shited

Post by L0laapk3 »

dwfreed wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:17 pm
I think you misread the FFF-259. They switched to scancodes from keycodes. Using the keys that would be WASD on a QWERTY layout should now be easier on an AZERTY layout. I imagine you had the keymapping changed before so that you were using the WASD equivalent (ZQSD?)? It's plausible the game didn't handle the upgrade from the old settings correctly to convert that to the scancodes for those positions.
I just deleted my config file, and it seems like I am indeed a complete retard and grabbed my pitchfork waay too fast,
Seems like they did do it the right way around now, but it just migrates the old settings poorly. whoops! (Maybe that could be done tho)
Last edited by L0laapk3 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.1] Non qwerty keyboard layouts are now shited

Post by Koub »

[Koub] It's not a bug, it's a change request. Moved to Ideas and Suggestions.
[Edit] Derp :) not even a suggestion then :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”