Small graphic design change for belts

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

grumd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Small graphic design change for belts

Post by grumd »

Design changes shown in FFF-269 are great and they make the belts look more realistic and alive! But the corner of the belt, when it turns, still looks very weird. It kinda "squishes" on the sides which doesn't look like a real belt material could behave like. To be more specific, in this screenshot (https://vgy.me/inpsdl.png) the red outline of a single tile should never get squished or extended like it does on the corners. If the tiles kept their constant shape and just rotated and overlapped on the corners, it would make the belts look much more realistic.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Small graphic design change for belts

Post by mrvn »

grumd wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:49 pm
Design changes shown in FFF-269 are great and they make the belts look more realistic and alive! But the corner of the belt, when it turns, still looks very weird. It kinda "squishes" on the sides which doesn't look like a real belt material could behave like. To be more specific, in this screenshot (https://vgy.me/inpsdl.png) the red outline of a single tile should never get squished or extended like it does on the corners. If the tiles kept their constant shape and just rotated and overlapped on the corners, it would make the belts look much more realistic.
Same goes for items. They don't move at different speeds on the inside and outside of the belt. Each item rests on one of the shapes and they just rotate in the corners, not flow slower on the outside like the game has now.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Small graphic design change for belts

Post by Ranakastrasz »

As long as it doesn't break belt compression like it used to, and pretty much just alters graphics, sure. I do not miss the corner issues, at all.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”