External notifications / home automation integration

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sjp770
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

External notifications / home automation integration

Post by sjp770 »

So with this game being so addictive and with a good factory it may require some afk time.. it got me thinking.

I have a lot of home automation setup and would love to see factorio publish the chat log or activity / achievements to an MQTT server. That way I can then do things like get a push notification when someone logs in, or change an RGB strip to red when I'm logged in and biters attack - helpful for atmosphere and if I'm afk. I'd use node red to process the chat feed into actions. Like match * logged in and then send a push notification including the name.

I'd see it as an optional few lines of config when setting up a server only. As it's output only it shouldnt require much troubleshooting and you can set a last will and testament to help monitor if the server goes offline for any reason.

Tldr; add MQTT publish support for headless server so we can do stuff with the data outside the game.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: External notifications / home automation integration

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Just analyze the log data....

MakCuber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MakCuber »

This type of thing should be a mod imo, not a base game feature. I am not aware of any mods that do this currently but it shouldnt be too difficult to make

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Sounds absolutely awesome!
But it is definitely something that a mod could do and not really on Wube to implement.

If anyone does this then please show us :) I want to see!
@sjp770 You have the hardware and software endpoints right? If someone made a mod like this, would you show us the results? Maybe me or someone else feels like hacking together something quick and dirty that works just to see an "interactive Factorio room" demonstration video?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”