Gui: Press/Hold LeftMouse + Drag in inventories to move items / And Filters

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

perahoky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Gui: Press/Hold LeftMouse + Drag in inventories to move items / And Filters

Post by perahoky »

Hi,

So you're currently on improving th gui, keep this in mind:

currently its not possible to to hold leftmouse and drag the cursor to move items on any inventory fields (fuel cells, player inventory, vehicle inventory, chests, trains etc.).

Thats a standard feature nowadays.
If you don like it, implement it as optional function at least.
Please give the possibility to hold leftmouse and drag the cursor over items in a inventory to move the items just as like i'm clicking every items seperately.

+ Add this feature to filter in all inventories (SHIFT+RIGHTCLK --> copy cell filter --> SHIFT+LEFTCLK --> paste filter in cell ===>> SHIFT+LEFTCLK/RIGHTCLK-Hold+Drag)

+ Add filter to chests. I want 4 item types in a chests, 1 type per row. Thats not possible with inserters in acceptable space circumstances.
at least, make it possile per mod.

Thank you.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Gui: Press/Hold LeftMouse + Drag in inventories to move items / And Filters

Post by Rseding91 »

It's something I've wanted to add for a while but there are 2 main things that have prevented me from doing it:

1. Click and drag doesn't work when the inventory keeps auto-sorting every time an item is added or removed. You'd drag over a slot then it changes the stuff after/before the slot and you end up transferring a bunch of stuff you didn't intend to. This is a minor one - I can just disable the logic when auto-sort is enabled for the player inventory.

2. The GUI at its core does not support "dragging" between widgets. So when mouse-down begins on one widget it will not send the mouse drag event to other widgets. I could change this but I don't know the full consequences of doing this - we most likely rely on this behavior and changing it will break stuff.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”