Crafting shortcuts

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ikonos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crafting shortcuts

Post by Ikonos »

TL;DR
Shortcuts to craft common things without having to search them

What ?
Pressing shift (or other key) shows the item count that can be crafted for each item in the toolbar (maybe in green digits above the current count). Then with the key pressed, left click craft one and right click crafts 5. Useful when you have an item locked in the toolbar but have 0 items in the inventory.
Also, currently, when you press Q on a item in the ground that you have in the inventory, you select it to place it, but if you do not have it, a sound is played and nothing happens. When you press three times Q on an item you don't have, a small window with only that item could show and let you craft that item as usual, but without having to search for all the items the one you want to craft.
Why ?
Speed up gameplay on early game when you want to place something you do not have.

Skeletpiece
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Crafting shortcuts

Post by Skeletpiece »

+1

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I like. Maybe shift-q instead to craft via pipette?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Personally i would rather see the devs use shift-q for selecting an in game item or ghost to place as a ghost. That would also be useful when you want to build something that isn't currently in your inventory. (Point to an item or ghost, press and hold shift, press q, then left click the mouse to place ghosts, cancel the mode when shift is released. If they are will to change the default keybind for quickbar slots 6-10, then you could also trigger this mode using shift + the quickbar slot key).

Personally I think the devs are unlikely to make additions that make hand-crafting more convenient, since they want you to automate production of the things you need, rather than hand-craft them.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”