Sync mods with save and load game

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Sync mods with save and load game

Post by t-lor »

TL;DR
So either :
-Ad another button that syncs, restarts and then loads the savegame (i understand it needs to restart the game in between for technical reasons)
or
-After syncing the savegame, automaticly point to that save when u hit load game (in stead of last saved, which now has the incorrect mods selected)

What ?
As someone who reguarly plays a few games with differenth mods concurrently.
It annoys me that i have to search the savegame, then sync the mods with a savegame, then look for the save again and load it.
it looks obvious that if u sync a mods with a savegame, for the majority of times u then want to load that save

So either :
-Ad another button that syncs, restarts and then loads the savegame (i understand it needs to restart the game in between for technical reasons)
or
-After syncing the savegame, automaticly point to that save when u hit load game (in stead of last saved, which now has the incorrect mods selected)
Why ?
it looks obvious that if u sync a mods with a savegame, for the majority of times u then want to load that save
So why do i have to do something like 10 mouseclicks to do that.

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Sync mods with save and load game

Post by CJ5Boss »

I agree, for now I keep a list on separate sheets of paper that have all the mods in certain saves that I play.

This topic is very similar if not exact to other topics I have read, if OP agrees, a moderator should merge this with something.

cid0rz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cid0rz »

I was searching for a similar topic since I thought I could not be the only one. I think that the system could be very similar to the sync to multiplayer games but for your own saves so you can choose what mods keep active, etc. The multiplayer now works really well, i don't know why for your own saves you have to search manually between what you have active/what you want. So please can someone tell us if this is too complex? or is it planned or sth? Thank you

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

cid0rz wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:25 pm
I think that the system could be very similar to the sync to multiplayer games but for your own saves so you can choose what mods keep active, etc.
This has been a thing since 0.15.
t-lor wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 am
So either :
or
There is a checkbox that allows to load the save after syncing that was added in 0.17.0:

I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

cid0rz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cid0rz »

Hi Bilka, is there a setting for this? because I have just tested it and my factorio just loads my saves with the mods i have active. It does not prompt me. In multiplayer indeed is like you say but for my saves is not working.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

cid0rz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cid0rz »

Oh God, give me eyes to see! most useful/unnoticed button. The new gui and bad old habits :D, thank you a lot.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”