Sync mods with save and load game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.
t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Sync mods with save and load game

Post by t-lor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 am

TL;DR
So either :
-Ad another button that syncs, restarts and then loads the savegame (i understand it needs to restart the game in between for technical reasons)
or
-After syncing the savegame, automaticly point to that save when u hit load game (in stead of last saved, which now has the incorrect mods selected)

What ?
As someone who reguarly plays a few games with differenth mods concurrently.
It annoys me that i have to search the savegame, then sync the mods with a savegame, then look for the save again and load it.
it looks obvious that if u sync a mods with a savegame, for the majority of times u then want to load that save

So either :
-Ad another button that syncs, restarts and then loads the savegame (i understand it needs to restart the game in between for technical reasons)
or
-After syncing the savegame, automaticly point to that save when u hit load game (in stead of last saved, which now has the incorrect mods selected)
Why ?
it looks obvious that if u sync a mods with a savegame, for the majority of times u then want to load that save
So why do i have to do something like 10 mouseclicks to do that.

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Sync mods with save and load game

Post by CJ5Boss » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 pm

I agree, for now I keep a list on separate sheets of paper that have all the mods in certain saves that I play.

This topic is very similar if not exact to other topics I have read, if OP agrees, a moderator should merge this with something.
"Artillery laser cannon shotgun uranium explosive turret tanks" would be the greatest thing ever.
You might try checking out my mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CJs_QoL_Research_Ver1

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”