Dimensions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Arley_Baxter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Dimensions

Post by Arley_Baxter »

Hey Factorions! I have been playing for a week now and because it's like Minecraft, I have a suggestion to add different dimensions that you can build portals to get to. You would have to get Stone, Iron ore and Copper ore to make a special Enchanted Drill that would drill a hole in the ground and create a portal.

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Dimensions

Post by CJ5Boss »

Interesting idea. However, the game is its own, so I can say confidently that this will definitely not be added in the vanilla play.
It could produce an interesting effect in a mod, however. If wish to pursue a new coding language and learn a few skills, I would be interested to see where this idea ends up in a mod.

ikarikeiji
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Dimensions

Post by ikarikeiji »

Arley_Baxter wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:21 pm
Enchanted Drill
This won't happen in vanilla since Factorio is all about science and technology, and has no concept of "magic".

However, there has been talk of different surfaces at various times - I think the intention at one point was to make it so you could take off in your rocket to land on an asteroid or build a space station - but I've not seen if this will go anywhere. I believe the internal features are there though, so it should be doable via mods. Maybe someone will make (or has made) a magic themed mod to replace tech with magic throughout?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”