Marker item or function

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

EDI
Inserter
Inserter

Marker item or function

Post by EDI »

I had this idea looming in my head for a while now, but now with multiplayer added, it seems to be even more useful - a marker in order to show other players various things, e.g. "Can you get the copper ore over *there*, please?"

No matter, how much I circled with my mouse on my screen (and yes, I did that, more than once), my co-players weren't be able to see what I meant, even if their character was standing right next to mine.

Now, there are a lot of possibilities, I think. One could be some option I got to know from AoE - clicking on the map with the marker tool, and a blinking "X" would appear on the minimap. Another would be to use a (craftable) item, like a flare to place at a certain area, maybe a glowstick, or some colored smoke grenade. Yet another thing would be signs to write a message on, but there's no need to overcomplicate everything.

The advantage I see here would be that co-operation could be handled much more intuitively that way, people would know the locations to expand to, where to focus defenses, build factories, expand solar panel farm, ... and I think it would fit the setting quite well to have some (crafted) marking items at our disposal - but that's just my personal opinion :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Marker item or function

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

EDI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EDI »

Interesting post you linked me to, thanks for that - however, in comparison to my post, you simply suggested "coloring areas" (which seems to be quite meta, compared to actual tools) and signs (which weren't really the point of my post). Feel free to add my suggestion to your list, though ;)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, I tend to make more "meta-suggestions", cause it shows up, that in most (not all!) cases a detailed suggestion cannot be implemented like so. In general it shows also, that a very detailed suggestion tends to be misunderstood, cause everybody will understand it differently (cause of the details).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”