Laser System Intermediate Product

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Rythe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Laser System Intermediate Product

Post by Rythe »

Because of the new science packs in 0.17 and related, I once again ran into the problem where it seems like everything is made of RGB Circuits, gear, iron plate | steel, plastic | battery. This gives a sense of deja vu when it comes time to make something new and it turns out to be something old + a little more of the standard list or a slight variation on the standard list.

I do understand that more intermediate products are something Wube wants to avoid in general, but I also think there's a hole on the list of intermediates for military items, something to create the same sort of effect that engines and electric engines do for vehicles and bots.

So the Laser System is meant to replace RGB Circuits and Batteries to one degree or another, replace the laser turret as an intermediate product for a few items to lose the weirdness of melting down a bunch of completed laser turrets for a personal laser or discharge defense, and use Sulfuric Acid since it's an underutilized intermediate itself.

Laser System recipe would be something like: Sulfuric Acid, Copper Plates, Advanced Circuit (Red)

Laser System would augment or replace items in the recipes for: Distractor Capsule, Laser Turret (replace green circuits, reduce batteries), Personal Laser Defense, Discharge Defense, Rocket Launcher (laser targeting), Portable Fusion Reactor, Artillery Turret (laser rangefinding), Artillery Wagon.

I also think the Laser System could/should replace the Processing Unit in the new Utility science pack since Utility-derived science unlocks a bunch of military tech.

So it would mix up 8-9 recipes with something new, augment military production chains with a second distinct intermediate (explosives as simple, laser system as advanced), and give a fourth use for Sulfuric Acid.

And if that doesn't convince you, take a second look at the Portable Fusion Reactor recipe of 0.16.

Sad_Brother
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Laser System Intermediate Product

Post by Sad_Brother »

When why you call it "systems"? It should be just "Laser".

And about recipe...
Would it better to use Copper Ore instead of Copper Plate? We have recipe for Iron Ore, but not for Copper Ore.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”