Clicking on the mini-map should center the radar view around the point clicked, rather than your person

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

osndok
Inserter
Inserter

Clicking on the mini-map should center the radar view around the point clicked, rather than your person

Post by osndok »

Perhaps I've been playing too much C&C, StarCraft, etc. but I seem to habitually expect that when I see an alert icon in the mini map, or want to inspect a certain part of the factory visible on the mini map, that clicking on it in the mini map would accomplish this goal. Instead, I have to zoom-out/pan-x/pan-y/zoom-in, etc.

It would be nice if clicking on the mini-map should center the radar view around the point clicked, rather than your person.

I think this makes sense from a theory perspective too, as the purpose of the radar/map is to see what is distant... not what you are already looking at (absent future plans for an awesome/seamless transition between normal & radar modes).

Ingolifs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Clicking on the mini-map should center the radar view around the point clicked, rather than your person

Post by Ingolifs »

Huh. I never noticed you could do this.

Yes, it seems obvious that you should be able to view on the part of the minimap that you click.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Clicking on the mini-map should center the radar view around the point clicked, rather than your person

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, I've clicked the minimap an expected this behaviour in the past too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”