Amber Lights

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dRaMaTiC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Amber Lights

Post by dRaMaTiC »

Hello folks,

i know the dev`s are working hard to get 0.17 and 0.18 done and their todo lists are filled with great stuff to come. But this idea as to be mentioned (didn't found anything similar via the forum search) so here we are with "Amber lights" with 360 degree coverage. Let me explain how they could work in Factorio IMHO:

First i thought about a new item to be crafted and placed on any building with power but that isnt really handy (not for the player neither the dev's). So why not just give some buildings an extra option to display an amber light on any side (north, east, south, west) of it (painted into the sprite). The amber light might have 2 or 3 modes for rotating, flicker or strobe. Also the color may be changeable (optional) to one of the base colors red, green blue. The lighting effect and also intensity should be controllable at the building itself or by logic operators. For the fun part, it could also stay turned on for a while even if the power has cut off (with the help of build-in condensators ) in case of emgerency.

The lighting effect it self should cast shadows and have some volumentric effect to have more immersive atmosphere. Ok when you read until here and don't know what i mean... i found a demostration vid on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5iHconNLQE

That's all for now. Have a nice day :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Amber Lights

Post by bobingabout »

I have a question.

why?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Amber Lights

Post by steinio »

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”