Achievement for 1K/2K SPM?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

lee1026
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Achievement for 1K/2K SPM?

Post by lee1026 »

So many players try to build megabases that it feels fun to have an achievement formalizing it.

I am thinking "Consuming 60K Space Science in one hour" and "Consuming 120K Space Science in one hour".

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Achievement for 1K/2K SPM?

Post by steinio »

nope

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I do not personally care about achievements or have an opinion. But probably such achievements would be logical because in some sense it is "official" way to play. Devs have made all decisions what to include in game and what not and made a huge work to keep game able to handle massive megabases. Many interesting suggestions which would added value to other styles of gaming have been rejected because they compromise UPS of megabases. All entities, like trains, bots or biters, are ultra fast to compute but their behavior is non-natural and ultra stupid.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I am against adding achievements that may not be attainable if your PC is unable to handle megabases.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Tekky wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:49 pm
I am against adding achievements that may not be attainable if your PC is unable to handle megabases.
Fair point, but you could probably just stockpile enough rocket parts for 60 rockets, then send them all to a couple of silos for cheap achievement. To me that means the achievement isn't particularly well designed, and I would rather have one for say launch 100 rockets.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Tekky wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:49 pm
1k or 2k should not be problem. You can buy used desktop computer to run the game with probably less that 100 € or $. I do not like the trend that games should be fully playable in all crappy portable wormboxes. I understand that devs make possible to play at basic level but games should give something special for those who have high end gaming PC (I do not have).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”