new filter to the deconstruction planner - unused building/miners

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

torvawk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

new filter to the deconstruction planner - unused building/miners

Post by torvawk »

TL;DR
The basic idea is like the autodeconstruct mod however, instead of always running, use the code as a filter for a deconstruction planner.

What ?
I really enjoy the autodeconstruct mod. But everytime I mention it, I am always told it is UPS heavy. It seems that it is running frequently in the background. I don't need it to run all the time. My thought is it does not need to run all the time. I was thinking you have filters like items on ground and what not and I don't see a reason why you cannot have another filter that does the same work as autodeconstruct but through the deconstruction planner. This would make it an on-demand thing rather than running a whole lot in the background. I don't know if you can expand it to unused structures. That would have to be defined first. But to expand this from just miners to unused buildings would make the filter more generic.
Why ?
But I HATE going through all my miners looking for the ones that are no longer on ore anymore, hence my reason for installing the autodeconstruct mod. If the deconstruction planner had a filter, I would not mind using that filter on my mining patches every so often. With such a filter, I would not need autodeconstruct.

Ingolifs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: new filter to the deconstruction planner - unused building/miners

Post by Ingolifs »

Unused miners sounds sensible enough. Unused buildings - I'm not sure how you'd determine that, as assemblers etc never truly become useless where they're placed, and some may have a very slow but nonzero rate of use.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”