Concrete gives HP/armour bonus to buildings

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ingolifs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Concrete gives HP/armour bonus to buildings

Post by Ingolifs »

Paving materials such as stone, concrete and refined concrete give bonuses to buildings to make them more durable.

This could take the form of a HP bonus or an armour bonus. Personally, I'm in favour of the latter.

The bonuses could follow the 30% / 40% / 50% pattern of the walk speed bonuses. Something like:

Stone: 3/30% damage resistance (for all damage types)
Concrete: 4/40% damage resistance
Refined concrete: 5/50% damage resistance.

Practically speaking, for most buildings, none of these bonuses will prevent any biter types from dealing damage. The weakest enemy (small biter) deals 7 damage, and with a building on refined concrete would still do 1 damage. The strongest enemy (behemoth biter) does 90 damage, which would become 42.5 damage to a building on refined concrete.
The only building with resistances of any kind are walls and gates (as far as I've checked), which have a 3/20% resistance to physical, which is what the biters deal, and no resistance to acid, which is what the spitters deal. I think the resistances should be additive. A wall on concrete would have 8/70% damage resistance, nullifying the small biter's attack and reducing the medium biter's attack to 2.1.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Concrete gives HP/armour bonus to buildings

Post by Jap2.0 »

I believe that some more buildings do have resistances, they just hide most things by default (you need a mod to see them), although I don't know for certain.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Oh my, Dune 2 reinvented :)

But yeah it makes sense. Buildings placed on a solid base are actually more damage resistant.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 am
Oh my, Dune 2 reinvented :)
So true :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”