Ports of factorio

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ports of factorio

Post by eradicator »

I've been using JoyToKey for almost a decade now to remote control my computer from the couch with my DualShock2 (two yea, anything about that? :p). Occasionally i play some turned based strategy games with it, which works "fine" because they're slow paced. But that sort of analog-stick-to-mouse conversion always feels clunky compared to a real mouse. So without real built-in controller support i doubt i'll try playing factorio that way.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I could see myself able to play factorio on a controller. the hard part would be controlling the cursor too... I would suggest using the left stick AND D pad for movement (seriously, I'm a "D Pad to move" user, old school gamer here, it's kind of annoying that since the previous console generation, they've started mapping that to other things instead of movement), and the right stick for either a cursor movement, or some kind of console friendly replacement.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

adam_bise wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:39 pm
eradicator wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:23 pm
I spend 3 blue bottles (resource card) to play "stack size upgrade" (technology card) on all my stack inserters. I then rotate my input onto your furnace array. You lose all your copper and take 1GW damage to your accumulator charge :P.
Since your character card has the symmetricism trait, the rotation did not apply. You lose a turn! "Your fancy stack inserters are no match for my robot army!" I play Logistic Swarm (event) which doubles all players logistics robots and temporarily increases their speed and capacity by 200%.

You take 2 damage to your SPM. My SPM is increased by 3! =D
Due to the "battery life" trait, my SPM is unaffected. After your Logistic Swarm ends, your roboports overload your power grid, leading to your SPM being reduced by 60% for two turns. I play the card "Spaghetti", increasing my SPM by 20% in the same amount of space and making future attempts at espionage 30% more likely to fail.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Please magic cards players, I think there has been enough off-topic in here :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ReverseRoll
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ReverseRoll »

Back on topic.

Xbox One port. Now that the xbox has full mouse and keyboard control there is no issue with the control scheme.
MTC

Bunchie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bunchie »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm
Even if the switch's hardware was powerful enough (it is not, i own one too),
i got this game runing on a raspberry pi, it too well but running ever the less, so the switch would be able to run it iv looked up the parts.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”