Deconstruction Planner / Red & Green Wires

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Deconstruction Planner / Red & Green Wires

Post by Zool »

The deconstruction planner should be able to be used to remove just green and/or red wires.

Right now, its very easy to paste new wires & conditions into a fab with the blueprint tool, but I didn‘t find an easy way to remove wires from an existing fab. If its just a few wires its quickly done manually, but if you have a bigger / more complicated setup, we are quickly talking about thousands of wires to be removed.

Sure, you can just deconstruct the fab in question as a whole and rebuild it somewhere else, but especially if it has a lot of filled chests in it, its a mess.

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Deconstruction Planner / Red & Green Wires

Post by CJ5Boss »

I agree. At this point, I think the deconstruction planner should just have various different features, where you can select it to only deconstruct certain things, like a filter inserter would only pick up certain objects.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

CJ5Boss wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:31 pm
I agree. At this point, I think the deconstruction planner should just have various different features, where you can select it to only deconstruct certain things, like a filter inserter would only pick up certain objects.
It does have most of that, however you can't select red or green wires, nor plain copper wire.
So +1 to the OP's suggestion. And I would like to see copper wire added to the deconstruction planner as well.

IGotBaconSoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IGotBaconSoda »

+1

Also, if wires could be placed as if they were printed. Not sure how complex of a problem that would be.

ikarikeiji
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ikarikeiji »

+1

It would also be nice to be able to blacklist trees/rocks, so the inverse of the trees/rocks only option. Often I want to remove all my machines from an area near (or containing!) some non-rectangular groups of trees without disturbing the trees. (I generally play with a self imposed rule of try to avoid disturbing trees and build around them instead where practical.)

Enderdraak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Enderdraak »

+1

that makes 6 right now

BaggyK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BaggyK »

ikarikeiji wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:22 pm
It would also be nice to be able to blacklist trees/rocks, so the inverse of the trees/rocks only option. Often I want to remove all my machines from an area near (or containing!) some non-rectangular groups of trees without disturbing the trees. (I generally play with a self imposed rule of try to avoid disturbing trees and build around them instead where practical.)
This is possible, just select blacklist along with tress/rocks only.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”