What i would change on Factorio after playing it for one or two -thousand Hours.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

KoraktorXV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

What i would change on Factorio after playing it for one or two -thousand Hours.

Post by KoraktorXV »

Ok at first i´m sort of able to seek English but don´t expect any marbles from me. i hope it´s understandable. And even though i sound kinda harsh, i really like the game (how would have thought after that Playtime ^^). So hire are some ideas/Points that really need some improvement in my Opinion.

Custom Pivot/Origin Point in Blueprints:

My Blueprints are huge! they are huge AF and it´s always a Pain to places them somewhere. After wiggling around for 5-8 min, i have to Discover that i´m of by a few tiles. Then i have to delete them and do it all again. If i could define a tile on which the blueprint is fixed on the Cursor this would be awesome! which leads me to my next point.

A Blueprint Editor:

When i make my Prints i load up a Custom Sandbox Scenario, Download some Chests-Mods which can spawn infinite Ressorses, i Build there a lot of Reactors and all this other stuff you need to run a Factory. Why not building a Blueprint Editor/Debugger in? it´s not like there isn´t something similar already in the game (the Train Tutorials).

Auto Landfill by placing Blueprints:

This is pretty self explanatory point. an Option which determent's if the Water bodys should be automatically filled underneath the Objects which are placed. + Auto deconstruct Cliffs?

Dimension-marker of Blueprints:

Sometimes i just want to know how big the Print is in the World and i don´t want to count every single tile. I´m not in the Sesame Street. A Ruler tool would do the Job as well.

OK the next points needs some Clarification. The endgame would be way better when i don´t have to move somewhere Physically. The best thing would be that i can do everything from the Mapscreen. The endgame i would like to see in Factorio plays more like an RTS. i build all the Factories and all the things i have to manage now is the placement and the overall structure. So here are some points.

A little bit more zoomed in rendered view in the Mapscreen:

I know it´s a performance thing and its already impressive what the Developers have done, but an Option in the Settings would be nice.

More Radars:

I also know this is a Problem solvable by Mods, but why Modding the Game when it can be supported and balanced?

Midgame Automated Genozid:

Yea... i´m aware what we are doing in this game... and i would like to better Automate it... the Combat in this game is not fun and a Tedium. In a Game which is all about Automation haveing something which is not automatable is kinda odd.

And here are some nice to have ideas:

Line Drawing Blueprints:

You select a Blueprint, click it, hold the Mousbuttons on the fist position, drag them to the end position, let go of the Mousebutton and there we go a line of Blueprints. Like the Bresenham's line algorithm but insted of Pixels with Blueprints!

A Assemblymashine/Rails interface:

Pumps for liquids, Interfaces for Items! (something simular is already in the code). It would be cool if the Interface could also place Tains and Wagons on the Rails!

I would like to hear what other People have to say aboud the ideas and what they think Factorio could improve on ^^ so thenks for your time and have Fun.

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What i would change on Factorio after playing it for one or two -thousand Hours.

Post by mudcrabempire »

@more radars: why not, instead, introduce a (possibly infinite) research that increases radar sight/scan range (and possibly the speed of the long-range scan)?

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What i would change on Factorio after playing it for one or two -thousand Hours.

Post by zOldBulldog »

With about the same number of hours of playtime... I agree with most of the OP's points.

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

You can build artillery and rain death on the biters in a very automated manner.

There is also a "biters begone" mod which does the genociding for you. I keep myself honest by continuing to build fortified walls despite the complete extinction of biters in my corner of the world.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

If you want your individual suggestions to be seriously discussed, then I suggest that you post one thread per suggestion. See the rules for the suggestions sub-forum for more information:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3394 Read this OR be ignored!

However, as stated in the forum rules, please do a search before opening a new suggestion thread, to see if it has already been suggested.

Also, it is recommended to use a suggestion template when posting a new suggestion.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

I recall there existed browser-based blueprint editor some time ago - you could create a blueprint and it generated bp string for it to be used in the game.

Radar range research makes 100% sense, since there already exists infinite artillery range research and it reveals terrain when it shoots.
Though, what I would like is to have 'satellite reveal' feature, similar to that Allies in C&C:RA had.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”