Acid turret why not ?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mcst
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Acid turret why not ?

Post by mcst »

How about if a flamethrower tower could pour acid on roaches

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Acid turret why not ?

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to ideas and suggestions
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

I mean... cool in concept, but what does it bring that is new to the game in mechanics? What would be the difference between an acid turret and a flamethrower turret? What would be the fuel source for acid turrets?

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

Darinth wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:07 pm
I mean... cool in concept, but what does it bring that is new to the game in mechanics? What would be the difference between an acid turret and a flamethrower turret? What would be the fuel source for acid turrets?
Sulfuric acid? We have some already, but that would be expensive fuel.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

It were practically a flamethrower with green (can fictive acid has any other color ?) spray effect and which use sulfuric acid. In my opinion this would not be very good as a single idea. But it would work better with or as a part of some large mod which intentionally creates large variety to do all things by many routes. For example with Bob's and Angel's mods. Devs have preference to keep vanilla things simple and number of alternative ways to achieve the same thing low.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

Biters have 100% acid resist in 0.17 to prevent friendly fire from their new splash attacks, so an acid turret won't affect them unless you mod away the acid resist or use another type of attack for your acid turrets.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ultros wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:08 pm
Biters have 100% acid resist in 0.17 to prevent friendly fire from their new splash attacks, so an acid turret won't affect them unless you mod away the acid resist or use another type of attack for your acid turrets.
Damn, I was about to comment that an acid turret would be great for aliens resistant to fire. But 100% acid resistance? There goes that idea.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”