Flamethrower turret improvement

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AnthonyForPOTUS
Inserter
Inserter

Flamethrower turret improvement

Post by AnthonyForPOTUS »

Instead of targeting where the biter used to be literally 10 seconds ago, ans so always missing. Have it begin laying down a lake of fire in a sweeping motion starting from its minimum range and progressing outward. Currently they are almost entirely worthless against single biters or small fast groups. I mean don't get me wrong it's funny to see 20 of them hosing down the landscape with an ocean of burning petroleum, but its really wasteful and only affects the back half of the wave.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Flamethrower turret improvement

Post by Koub »

I can't speak for the devs, but I think it's more or less on purpose. Flamethrowers are not there to do chirurgical precision stuff, but AOE mass slaughter. Gun and laser turrets are, on the other hand, extremely good single target DPS.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mudcrabempire »

Flamethrower turrets are already very powerfull (against hordes, as mentioned).
A (more fun than usefull) way to improve them against single targets could be to allow players to manually controll them (maybe remotely? don´t know about that).

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

plus, one can always "motivate" the enemy to be hit with a flamer with a few well placed walls. Just have them zig-zag to their crispy doom.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”