Roboport statistics - Needed items as negative value

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DaBibo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Roboport statistics - Needed items as negative value

Post by DaBibo »

TL;DR
For some ideas I would need all the needed items (chests & ghosted buildings) in the roboport statistics. So it would be nice to have them for every robo-network as a value.

What ?
Simply as written above; within the existing statistic or a a new task for the roboports. When I need 20 more splitter for a ghosted construction, the value should be -20 an not null. This would allow to build up self fulling construction sites without hand-coding the support trains, splitting robot-networks easier...
(When the setup at all is right)

Maybe it would just be an additional x in the roboport menu, when connected to circuit .. [x] Add needed items to statistic.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Roboport statistics - Needed items as negative value

Post by Optera »

+1
Knowing what items are needed for ghosts is a requirement to fully automate base building. Unless you pre calculate the needed items for each expansion.

I made a mod for that, but frankly performance is terrible for large blueprints.
Logistic Networks don't know what ghosts are in their area. To update the ghost numbers find_entities_filtered is required each time.

This is the same process the game currently uses to tally up ghosts too.
An event based system should be a fair bit faster but would require all ghost objects to be stored in memory.

DaBibo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DaBibo »

Hmm ?

You already get a message when something is needed to be build, with a small symbol.
So the game already knows what is needed and where.
So you just have to check "Is this needed part in the area of an robo-network" with the summary delivered to the network.

Or am I wrong ?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

DaBibo wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 am
Hmm ?

You already get a message when something is needed to be build, with a small symbol.
So the game already knows what is needed and where.
So you just have to check "Is this needed part in the area of an robo-network" with the summary delivered to the network.

Or am I wrong ?
That's what I thought too at first, but no.
As I tried to explain what the game does is an internal find_entities_filtered limited to I think 500 results. That's why the numbers keep changing so drastically in that notification.

DaBibo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DaBibo »

601 I think, it´s a number I often see :) - so the 601 needed items would be better than 0 needed items :)

DaBibo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DaBibo »

Or filter a ghost-only map against a robo-network map ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DaBibo wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:57 am
601 I think, it´s a number I often see :) - so the 601 needed items would be better than 0 needed items :)
it adds 1 alert per tick, and they live for 10 seconds, so you get 601 because there's 600 ticks in 10 seconds. the 1 on the end is because there's a 1 tick delay in there before the oldest one actually gets deleted.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”