Quick single item blueprint from crafting menu

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

patmo98
Inserter
Inserter

Post by patmo98 »

TL;DR

What ?
When middle-clicking on an item in your crafting menu, bring up a ghost of the item you can then place. For example, if you want to place a roboport, and you don't have any in your inventory, you can select the item in your crafting menu (without needing to craft it) and just place the ghost down.

Why ?
With some items, especially ones like the blue transport belt, where it can't be crafted in your inventory, it can be really frustrating. The item is in your logistic network, so your bots could place it, if you could tell them to, but you can't, because you don't have one. In this case, I usually end up requesting or crafting the item, just so I can tell my bots to place it and more.

This is even more frustrating if you have a personal roboport, because sometimes you want to place 4 blue splitters, and you only have 3. Once you start placing the ghosts, your robots will steal them out of your hand, preventing you from completing your task.

I see this as building on the Copy/Paste functionality.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Quick single item blueprint from crafting menu

Post by adam_bise »

Honestly I never understood why we aren't allowed to create blueprints from scratch.

New blueprint, open blank blueprint, select any item researched or not and place it within the blueprint, save.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”