Robot build queue per robot network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Phoenix27833
Inserter
Inserter

Robot build queue per robot network

Post by Phoenix27833 »

It is extremely frustrating when you are trying to build something with bots, but is a build queue of 100k solar panels being placed somewhere else, so your stuff takes forever to build.
The player already seems to have their own independent construction queue.
Would it not be possible to have a construction queue per robot network? Then a network building a massive solar farm somewhere doesn't affect building in the base etc.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Robot build queue per robot network

Post by Koub »

That's already the case. If you build separated networks (so that the green area around your roboports don't touch), then the construction bots from each network won't get into the other one.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Koub wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:40 am
That's already the case. If you build separated networks (so that the green area around your roboports don't touch), then the construction bots from each network won't get into the other one.
There is just one construction manager per force per surface, and it keeps track of all construction jobs for the force on the surface.
Phoenix27833 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:15 am
The player already seems to have their own independent construction queue.
If there are lot of job queued in the construction manager, personal roboport will start searching for ghost entities within its range. It divides area it covers into 7x7 grid and search one tile per tick. That way it doesn't have to do big entity search every tick and still takes under 1 second for it to caught new construction job. Keeping queues for personal roboports would be too costly as they would have to be constantly updated when player moves.

No comment on the suggestion, I just wanted to clear up how things work.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

posila wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am
No comment on the suggestion, I just wanted to clear up how things work.
Not even one on feasibility? :sadface:

I can think of a hacky-moddy way to abuse the "per force" behavior in combination with some kind of "large-project-roboport" and hidden friendly forces and lots of scripting to add one or two extra queues per "force", but it wouldn't be nice and shiny :x.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”