Production tab: persist selected timespan

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dinthi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Production tab: persist selected timespan

Post by Dinthi »

TL;DR
I would love the option to persist the selected timespan on the production tab (P)
What ?
Say i've selected 10m instead of the default 5s on the production tab. Once i close the production tab and reopen it it's back to 5s. I suggest to persist the selected timespan so that once i re-open the production tab my last selected timespan is selected by default.
Why ?
I think it increases the value of Factorio as a game for me, because after many hours of playing this is the only thing bugging me time on time again. This is my personal preference. I understand many others might prefer another timespan. I simply suggest the option to persist the choice one makes.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Production tab: persist selected timespan

Post by Zavian »

+1 and also in the power graph. (I'd be perfectly fine if that persistence was purely for the current session. It doesn't need to survive save/reload).

Dinthi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dinthi »

Zavian wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 am
+1 and also in the power graph. (I'd be perfectly fine if that persistence was purely for the current session. It doesn't need to survive save/reload).
Ah, totally forgot about the power graph. Same suggestion applies. I´m also fine with the persistence being session based: as long as i do not have to continuously change the timespan manually.

durato
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by durato »

+1

Suggestion is great.
Zavian wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 am
That, exactly like that.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post by Usul »

Hi!

Title says it. Each time we reopen the Production Stats, the Tab Choice reverts to 1 minute... instead of staying on the last-chosen (i.e. preffered) tab. It does stick when switching between items/buildings/fluids/etc during the same "session" of stats viewing, so it would only seem more consistent to have this behaviour also when entering a new "session".

Thanks! 8-)

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post by Usul »

I've just noticed, that the production stats and power stats UI *does* preserve any selected filters upon re-open, but does *not* the selected timer interval. In my opinion, it would be more complete and consistent to also preserve those.

Thanks! 8-)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post by ssilk »

This is not exactly on topic, but what really don’t like is the change of the colors of the items.

What I would suggest is the following:
1. each item has a predefined color, corresponding to when it is defined during initialization (simply the item-index modulo number of colors)
2. the first N entries in the stats list should use that color. N seems to be useful for 5-8 entries. If there are same colors - e.g. iron gears and copper wire are both blue - then one should be darker, one should be lighter blue with the simple algorithm, that the lower index should be dark, the higher light. This guarantees that a player can learn the items and their corresponding colors in stats, because it doesn’t change so often.
3. The remaining entries that are displayed should have ONE (Different) color, because their information value is low. You can see that curves by hovering, then they will be highlighted .
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Hell_Diguner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.38] Production GUI does not remember previous tab and timeframe selected when it is re-opened

Post by Hell_Diguner »

The Production Statistics GUI does not remember user's selected tab and timeframe when it is closed and re-opened. This is aggravating because it resets to "5 seconds" - probably the least-used timeframe by players.

This is a "bug" because it is inconsistent with (for example) the character screen GUI, which remembers logistics vs. crafting tabs; and the blueprints library GUI, which remembers game blueprints vs. my blueprints tabs.

I also think the timeframe selected should propagate to all tabs. Eg: Selecting the 10 minute items graph, then switching to fluids, should show the 10 minute fluids graph. This is not the current behavior.

Xenophore
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.38] Production GUI does not remember previous tab and timeframe selected when it is re-opened

Post by Xenophore »

Can a moderator move the thread to suggestions, then? This would be a useful change.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older thread with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Let Production Display remember "last call". (Search ease interface)

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

I am constantly checking the science packages from the P screen. It is troublesome to type and search for "science" every time you enter the screen. I'm sure the only/most thing that many players follow is "science packs".

Suggestion:
1-With a very simple interface; SCIENCE, ore etc. subheadings can be created. (Only science is enough for me, but more than one sub-category may be more useful...)

2-Most importantly, as "+addition" to what I said above, this selected category can be "locked". In other words, when we press the "p" key and exit and enter, the current search is deleted and forgotten. But auto with this option. The first screen described may be the "subgroup" that we have determined.

3-By default, sorting is by production quantity. When checking out science packs, this isn't always what I want to see. It should be possible to have a different ordering such as red, green, gray, blue, purple, yellow, white, which prefers the "order on the character production screen".

EXAMPLE: Mods such as Fnei, recipe book, create a favorite recipe screen. We can find them directly by pressing the icon without having to search again. I want similar thing to be able to be selected either as subcategory or product icon. Most importantly, what I want is not to select it every time, the p screen should remember these preferences.
Last edited by ssilk on Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unusual abbreviation P replaced with Production.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

merged with existing thread

One of those quick-win tickets, which are laying here since > 4 years, because this board isn’t systematically watched by the devs. :roll:

BTW the same problem exists for electrical network.
See viewtopic.php?p=126273 More Game Information (Statistics, Monitoring, Graphs)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yes, please !

The production tab should remember all settings, including the tab you were on. A global Reset button might be needed too then.
(I'm mostly using it to check trees damaged by pollution.)

----

Meanwhile, some mod alternatives :

Production Statistics Monitor HUD
Peppe wrote:Pin Items/Fluids to HUD to view production statistics, ratios, differentials. Quick open/close, customize order, location, precision.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Dmytrozern
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dmytrozern »

+1
Mostly a vanilla player. Enjoy extreme railworld deathworlds with a 5x+ tech price.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I would suggest, that every setting in production screen is persisted.
Also, throughout a restart of the game.

Why?
It's very cumbersome to set it up all over again. To a point, that I don't do it often and miss important problems

BicycleEater
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BicycleEater »

+1

Xenophore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xenophore »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:13 pm
I would suggest, that every setting in production screen is persisted.
+1 each

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”